Purchasing a ticket or entering the grounds will act as your verification that you have read through and agree with the following.
In exchange for participation in the Gays Hate Techno Spring 2019 gathering organized by GHT Productions LLC, of 2751 Fruitvale Ave, Oakland, California, 94601 and/or use of the property, facilities and services provided by GHT Productions LLC, Matt Fisher and the organizing volunteers, I agree to the following:
1. AGREEMENT TO FOLLOW DIRECTIONS. I agree to observe and obey all posted rules and warnings, and further agree to follow any oral instructions or directions given by GHT Productions LLC, Matt Fisher, or volunteers or contracted employees acting under his direction.
2. ASSUMPTION OF THE RISKS AND RELEASE. I recognize that there are certain inherent risks associated with participation and volunteering at the gathering and I assume full responsibility for personal injury to myself, and further release and dischargeGHT Productions LLC, Matt Fisher or contracted employees acting under his direction for injury, loss or damage arising out of my use of or presence upon Saratoga Springs Retreat Center, whether caused by the fault of myself, my family, Matt Fisher or other third parties.
3. INDEMNIFICATION. I agree to indemnify and defend GHT Productions LLC and Matt Fisher against all claims, causes of action, damages, judgments, costs or expenses, including attorney fees and other litigation costs, which may in any way arise from my use of or presence upon Saratoga Springs Retreat Center.
4. FEES. I agree to pay for all damages to the facilities of Saratoga Springs Retreat Center caused by any negligent, reckless, or willful actions by me or my family.
5. APPLICABLE LAW. Any legal or equitable claim that may arise from participation in the above shall be resolved under California law.
6. NO DURESS. I agree and acknowledge that I am under no pressure or duress to sign this Agreement and that I have been given a reasonable opportunity to review it before signing. I further agree and acknowledge that I am free to have my own legal counsel review this Agreement if I so desire.
7. ARM'S LENGTH AGREEMENT. This Agreement and each of its terms are the product of an arms' length negotiation between the Parties. In the event any ambiguity is found to exist in the interpretation of this Agreement, or any of its provisions, the Parties, and each of them, explicitly reject the application of any legal or equitable rule of interpretation which would lead to a construction either "for" or "against" a particular party based upon their status as the drafter of a specific term, language, or provision giving rise to such ambiguity. Accordingly, the Parties specifically reject the application of Cal. Civ. Code §1654 to this Agreement, as well as any other statute or common law principles of similar effect.
8. ENFORCEABILITY. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of this Agreement, whether standing alone or as applied to a particular occurrence or circumstance, shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision of this Agreement or of any other applications of such provision, as the case may be, and such invalid or unenforceable provision shall be deemed not to be a part of this Agreement.
I HAVE READ THIS DOCUMENT AND UNDERSTAND IT. I FURTHER UNDERSTAND THAT BY AGREEING TO THESE TERMS AT BELOW OR SIGNING IN AT THE GATE WHEN I ARRIVE AT SARATOGA SPRINGS RETREAT CENTER I AM SIGNING THIS RELEASE, AND I VOLUNTARILY SURRENDER CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS.