Welcome queer family, music nerds and weirdos to our experiment. We are primarily an excuse for nerds to play music for and dance with each other. And also eat together, hang out, make friends and create art.
The community of the gathering springs from your generosity and good energy. Anything can happen.
In planning the gathering, we set our course according to the following values. In cases where friction or conflict arises, we will use these as our waypoints for remediation and resolution.
Self Expression & Creativity
We are primarily an event where we get to better know each others creative interests and personalities. Bringing and expressing your truest self is your biggest gift to others. We support challenging and provocative creative expression.
Nonaggression, Consent & Ethical behavior
We believe in peaceful interactions based on consent. We believe that ethical behavior only happens in the absence of coercion.
We recognize that many of us are privileged to live in areas where our queerness and personhood are valued, but that many of us live under threat of coercion, aggression and violence. We recognize that among queer communities some of us feel relatively disadvantaged, and that what may be normalized status quo to some is recapitulation of various regimes of oppression to others.
We want the gathering to be a space where we can all practice being better with each other.
Body positivity & Sex positivity
We celebrate queer bodies, queer sexualities and queer sex. We want you to have the best sex possible.
Inclusivity, Participation & Volunteerism
We are a no-spectators event. “Everyone is invited to work. Everyone is invited to play. We make the world real through actions that open the heart.*” (*swiped from Burning Man’s 10 principles)
The gathering exists for making new friends and strengthening existing friendships.
Egalitarianism & Autonomy
Your personhood, body and liberty are yours to govern, and are as valuable as anybody else’s. You can attempt any adventure you choose: spiritual, physical, emotional or sexual.
Respect for the land
We respect and value the rarity and fragility of queer owned spaces devoted to building community. We strive to be good guests on the land.
If you feel you are the victim of physical aggression, bullying or coercion, or any form of transphobia, misogyny or homophobia, please find one of the gathering crew so we can work out how to remediate the issue.
We will remove anyone from the event who intentionally acts to harm, intimidate, threaten, abuse or shame others.
Purchasing a ticket or entering the grounds will act as your verification that you have read through and agree with the following.
In exchange for participation in the Gays Hate Techno Spring 2020 gathering organized by GHT Productions LLC, of 2751 Fruitvale Ave, Oakland, California, 94601 and/or use of the property, facilities and services provided by GHT Productions LLC, Matt Fisher and the organizing volunteers, I agree to the following:
1. AGREEMENT TO FOLLOW DIRECTIONS. I agree to observe and obey all posted rules and warnings, and further agree to follow any oral instructions or directions given by GHT Productions LLC, Matt Fisher, or volunteers or contracted employees acting under his direction.
2. ASSUMPTION OF THE RISKS AND RELEASE. I recognize that there are certain inherent risks associated with participation and volunteering at the gathering and I assume full responsibility for personal injury to myself, and further release and discharge GHT Productions LLC, Matt Fisher or contracted employees acting under his direction for injury, loss or damage arising out of my use of or presence upon Saratoga Springs Retreat Center, whether caused by the fault of myself, my family, Matt Fisher or other third parties.
3. INDEMNIFICATION. I agree to indemnify and defend GHT Productions LLC and Matt Fisher against all claims, causes of action, damages, judgments, costs or expenses, including attorney fees and other litigation costs, which may in any way arise from my use of or presence upon Saratoga Springs Retreat Center.
4. FEES. I agree to pay for all damages to the facilities of Saratoga Springs Retreat Center caused by any negligent, reckless, or willful actions by me or my family.
5. APPLICABLE LAW. Any legal or equitable claim that may arise from participation in the above shall be resolved under California law.
6. NO DURESS. I agree and acknowledge that I am under no pressure or duress to sign this Agreement and that I have been given a reasonable opportunity to review it before signing. I further agree and acknowledge that I am free to have my own legal counsel review this Agreement if I so desire.
7. ARM'S LENGTH AGREEMENT. This Agreement and each of its terms are the product of an arms' length negotiation between the Parties. In the event any ambiguity is found to exist in the interpretation of this Agreement, or any of its provisions, the Parties, and each of them, explicitly reject the application of any legal or equitable rule of interpretation which would lead to a construction either "for" or "against" a particular party based upon their status as the drafter of a specific term, language, or provision giving rise to such ambiguity. Accordingly, the Parties specifically reject the application of Cal. Civ. Code §1654 to this Agreement, as well as any other statute or common law principles of similar effect.
8. ENFORCEABILITY. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of this Agreement, whether standing alone or as applied to a particular occurrence or circumstance, shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision of this Agreement or of any other applications of such provision, as the case may be, and such invalid or unenforceable provision shall be deemed not to be a part of this Agreement.
I HAVE READ THIS DOCUMENT AND UNDERSTAND IT. I FURTHER UNDERSTAND THAT BY AGREEING TO THESE TERMS AT BELOW OR SIGNING IN AT THE GATE WHEN I ARRIVE AT SARATOGA SPRINGS RETREAT CENTER I AM SIGNING THIS RELEASE, AND I VOLUNTARILY SURRENDER CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS.