StirSound/Gays Hate Techno
- Brian Sanhaji – 2000 Watt – 2000 Watt Remixes [Sonata Music]
- Black Astroid – Engine 1 (Brian Sanhaji Remix-Another Verision) – Engine 1 Remixes [CLR]
- Cari Lekebusch – Third Eye Vision – Third Eye Vision [Mote Evolver]
- Sei A – Flicker (Terence Fixmer Remix) – Turbo Centruy IV [Turbo Recordings]
- Marcel Dettmann – Translation One – Translation EP [Ostgut Ton]
- Shifted – Drifting Over – Control [Mote Evolver]
- Luke Slater, Planetary Assault Systems – Raid – Deep Heet Vol. 2 [Mote Evolver]
- Norman Nodge – Body to Body – The Happenstance EP [Ostgut Ton]
- Developer – Edicficio (Audio Injection Remix) – Edificio [Modularz]
- Terence Fixmer – Kiss of Death – The Night [Turbo Recordings]
- Terence Fixmer, Claudio PRC – Planetary Phase – Techno En Vogue – Electronic Way Of Consciousness Volume 2 [Prologue]
- Kalden Bess (aka m0h) – Death Squad – Death Squad EP [Blind Spot Music]
- Slam – Step Back (Adam Beyer And Jesper Dahlback Remix) – Slam Remixed Part 2 [Soma]
- Timothy Dalton – Modern Thrift (Ian Funk Controlled Chaos Remix) – Modern Thrift [More or Less Records]
- Paravoice – Break (Ian Funk Remix) – Unreleased
How did you get into djing?
I started djing about 13 years ago and got into after getting tired of playing guitar in bands. Producing came around the same time when it dawned on me that I could have control over every aspect of the sounds I was creating instead of just the limited scope of a guitars sound. I really started leaning into production after I got my degree in recording and finally knew my way around a studio and became more fluent in the hardware/software that I was using. Somewhere around the age of 21 I started StirSound as an outlet for both myself and other unknown artists and built a great network of friends. Been musically hibernating for a few years after moving back to the States from Europe and finally getting back into both making and playing music.
What’s you preferred method of playing?
I started out playing all vinyl, switched to Final Scratch and really felt a loss in the emotional connection between what I was playing and what I was feeling. I switched back to all vinyl again when I lived in Europe and was djing full time but now that I’m stateside, there are no record stores in DC, and the dollar sucks for buying records from overseas (especially as a poor student), I’m using a combo of both Traktor Scratch and vinyl. This mix was recorded with Traktor with 3 decks and a controller because I didn’t have access to decks. It gave me the opportunity to loop and layer more so there’s quite a bit of 3 tracks playing at a time in this one.
Present & future
I’m really excited to be working behind the scenes with the Gays Hate Techno crew at the moment. Not sure where it will go but hoping to bring some great podcasts promoting gay artists and djs. Been working on a bunch of new tracks that I can’t seem to find the time to finish. Had a remix come out on Black Montanas under the name Controlled Choas recently and another coming out on More or Less out of Baltimore in the near future.